Transform Simulation Education, Get Certified!
The Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator certification launched in June 2012. Since then, over 350 applicants from 13 countries have applied to become a CHSE. So far, 205 healthcare simulation professionals have completed the process and passed the exam to become certified! CHSE is open to all applicants who meet the eligibility criteria. Learn more about the value of CHSE. CHSE Information (pdf). Apply Today!
• Participate in healthcare simulation in an educational role.
• Focused simulation expertise on learners in undergraduate, graduate, allied health or healthcare practitioners.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.*
• Two-year continued use of simulation in healthcare education, research, or administration.
*Any candidate who does not have a bachelor's degree may petition the Committee for consideration of equivalency based on experience.
CHSE Standards and Elements
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Professional Values & Capabilities
- Knowledge of Educational Principles, Practice, and Methodology in Simulation
- Implementing, Assessing, and Managing Simulation-based Educational Activities
- Scholarship—Spirit of Inquiry and Teaching
- Standards and Elements (pdf) - detailed information
Consistent with its mission, SSH developed the certification process for educators focused on healthcare simulation. This program has been developed over a number of years with the input of many individuals representing a wide variety of backgrounds and experience in healthcare simulation. Individuals from the international healthcare simulation community including other simulation societies contributed to the success of CHSE Certification. SSH would like to thank everyone who has participated in the development of CHSE Certification.
Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator, CHSE and the CHSE logo are all trademarks of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare. A currently certified CHSE may use the CHSE title as prescribed in the CHSE handbook. All other uses are forbidden without the express written consent of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare.