We respect your privacy
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site
Our Service Providers.
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
For any other information please contact us using the Contact page.
Society for Simulation in Healthcare
Listserv Standard Operating Procedures:
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
The Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) has established an email listserv for the use of its members. Members are encouraged to use this resource to exchange information about all topics related to medical simulation. The purpose of the listserv is to facilitate communication amongst the geographically diverse membership of the society.
- Subscription is limited to SSH members. Subscription preferences are managed from the member dashboard found in the SSH web environment. The dashboard is visible when members are logged-in.
- Postings and reading of the list is restricted to members of SSH; however, security of posted information cannot be guaranteed. We cannot guarantee what your post will not end up on the web.
- Do not use the listserv for personal communications. Every post to the listserv is sent to all subscribers.
- Be respectful of other members when replying to posts—ask yourself if your reply is better sent ONLY to the original author rather than the whole list (e.g. “me too” statements or requests for information).
- Use professional, cordial language in all posts. No profanity or derogatory remarks will be tolerated.
- SSH, its officers, staff, and volunteer leaders accept no responsibility for the content found on this listserv. The content of postings are the sole responsibility of the author.
- Members commenting on topics where they have a perceived, potential, or actual conflict of interest must disclose such interest for each relevant post or thread.
- The first infraction of these conditions will result in a warning. The second infraction will result in 1-month suspension. The third infraction will result in permanent removal from the list. Infractions and related consequences including appeals to infractions will be determined and managed by the SSH Website Committee.
- Corporate members MUST join using their corporate email address. Individuals who are primarily employed by a corporate interest or have a corporate interest in a simulation or related industry must disclose said interest whether or not their corporate standing and relationship is identifiable via their email address.
- Corporate members WILL NOT be allowed to advertise their own products or post comments about other company's products on the list.
- The list and its contents MAY NOT be harvested for any type of promotional or commercial activity.
- Upon joining the list, corporate members will introduce themselves to the list in an email with the subject heading: "New Corporate Member". The email must contain the name of the company, their title, intellectual property disclosures, and simulation interests. Members are expected to disclose if they have received (or will receive) compensation from a commercial enterprise for intellectual property or consulting knowledge. These comments will become part of the list archives. Corporate members will be expected to update this information if / when they change employers.
- Upon posting to the list, regardless of topic, the corporate member must, in the first paragraph of their email, disclose their conflict of interest. The paragraph must contain at minimum: The name of the company, the nature of their involvement with their company, and any other information they deem pertinent to their disclosure.
- The first infraction of these conditions will result in a warning. The second infraction will result in 90-day suspension from the list. A third infraction will result in a permanent removal from the list of all present or future company employees. Infractions and related consequences including appeals to infractions will be determined and managed by the SSH Website Committee.
Course and Conference Advertisements
- No entity shall be allowed to post course and conference advertisements.
Individuals, academic institutions, or for profit entities violating this rule shall be subject to the following. The first infraction will result in a warning. The second infraction will result in 1-month suspension. The third infraction will result in permanent removal from the list. Infractions and related consequences including appeals to infractions will be determined and managed by the SSH Website Committee.
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE, UNSUBSCRIBE or CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL SETTINGS:
- Listserv subscription and personal preferences are managed from the member dashboard, which becomes visible when you are access the logged in state of the ssih.org website.
- Contact information for the Listserv moderator can be found on the Website Committee page of the ssih.org website.